- Detailed grain sorghum production information from other areas (“Irrigated and Dryland Grain Sorghum Production; South and Southwest Texas” (B-6048); “Managing Grain Sorghum for Maximum Profitability in the Texas High Plains” (SCS-2000-26) and “Grain Sorghum Production Handbook” from Kansas State University (C-687)) (47 pages).
- Grain Sorghum Hybrid Information from Companies (8 pages with links to 15 seed companies).
- “Irrigated and Dryland Grain Sorghum Production; South and Southwest Texas” (B-6048) provided needed information on nutrients needed by grain sorghum (13 pages). Information on soil moisture and moisture measuring devices (8 pages).
- Weed control section discusses crop rotation, mechanical methods and herbicides to insure a successful weed control program at minimum cost. Select herbicides based on specific weed or grass problems encountered in each field and rotational crop intentions (11 pages).
- Insect section describes methods for determining infestation levels, the need for insecticidal applications and the insecticide to apply (29 pages).
- Disease section 10 color templates and discussion of 14 diseases.